Posted by Skye on November 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Okay, so, let me preface this post by saying that it's been an amazing ride with you all, and by no means it is even close to over. It's been a great ride and it's barely even begun.
"Project Penultimatum" is the name I've assigned to several things that will be happening soon. The name itself has manifold meanings, but here's the gist of it: obviously there's the punny combination of "penultimate" (second-to-last) + "ultimatum". This is because I have a habit of giving ultimatums (like "if SK doesn't get a post within a week I'm quitting", which is really immature and I'm glad that's no longer a thing that happens) and "penultimate" because it may be the second-to-last Official Design Note of TKS as we know it (more on that later), and because it's not The End in the way it might seem.
Onto the big stuff now: what Project Penultimatum is.
Essentially, PP, which is a very humorous acronym, is what is going to happen the next few months. Rather than explain it all in paragraph form, I thought it might be a bit easier just to provide a brief outline of what will be happening:
- 11/11/14: Project Penultimatum is announced. (That's what you're reading right now.)
- 12/01/14: I humbly and quietly cease to post in SK, without any fanfare. This iswhen I begin Officially Writing the Dragon Kingdoms novelization. I'll most likely pause my deviantArt and maybe even tumblr accounts to Truly Focus.
- 12/22/14: The five-year anniversary of The Kingdoms Saga. This thing's almost legal (it isn't). Something may be Happening, but more than likely if anything happens it will be In Real Life, so not much to report there. Maybe a video or something will happen? Let me know what you'd like, I guess!
You can equate me at this point in time to some vast feral creature, lurking in the center of the woods, always a vague threat to the small village but never actually showing my face to wreak unholy vengeance. Or, you know. You can, like, not do that. It's whatever.
- 01/01/15: The New Year. Shattered Kingdoms as a venture in TKS canon will cease to be a thing. Instead, it is completely Up For Grabs with no moderation or mediation by myself. Kill everyone off, marry Shona and Akmenos, do a modern AU, whatever. Have fun with it! I'll still be hanging around, doing my thing; I'll just honestly be too busy to maintain SK and DK as well? I hope that makes sense!
- Early Spring 2015: Projected time that the first draft of Dragon Kingdoms will be finished. Hopefully it will be earlier, but hey, we all know it takes me a long time to do these things. So yeah, that's a thing.
- 06/15/15: The 3-year anniversary of Reformed Kingdoms. Hopefully the book will be finished by this point in time. Hopefully I will be able to announce a new, TKS-canon roleplay on this site. Hopefully we will all even still be alive. But hey, anything can happen.
This date marks the Official End of Project Penultimatum, and the Official Reopening of The Kingdoms Saga v2.0: Roleplaying Extravaganza or whatever. Or maybe we actually finally work on that visual novel idea? Or an RPG. Or... whatever. Honestly the idea of having so many possibilities is really really cool.
- 08/26/42: Your projected death date. Yeah, you. Reading this right now. You.
- Not really. But I mean, maybe. Who knows for certain?
I've alluded to this earlier, but things are changing. TKS won't exist as we know it, but after those few months (closer to half a year, actually, but shh) TKS as a roleplaying community will exist in an even better and more usable way than ever before. I'll also hopefully have written a book by that point, which is pretty cool, and it will be a book that all of you helped create, which is even cooler.
On a side note, Intern Skye will probably continue to be a thing that happens on the sidelines while PP is happening because it's something I do for fun rather than for an audience! I had been intending a regular update schedule, though, which probably won't be a thing. Same with AGO2. City of the Chimerical will be happening as well, but I'll be pretty inactive. (Pyso, you're in charge.)
I wrote this only using one "also" and it wasn't even used for transition? Time to go before I mess this up.
See you around.